Friday, September 18, 2009

Yet Another Reason to Live In Israel

Looking at the upcoming sports schedule, I just realized that while the residents of the United States will be forced to miss most of Sunday's NFL action due to Rosh Hashanah, I theoretically won't. Since Yom Tov ends here at about 7:00pm, that's plenty of time to watch the full lineup of NFL games with the Sunday NFL Ticket package available over the Internet. Despite the fact that I'm not a subscriber to the NFL package (if you're interested in sponsoring one for me, feel free to contact me directly), and won't be watching any of the games, the important point here is that I "could" theoretically watch the game live.
Then again, astute observers might point out that next week, on Erev Yom Kippur, football fans in the United States will be able to watch Sunday games, while I'll be in the middle of Kol Nidrei. Then again, is it appropriate to watch football on erev Yom Kippur? (Who am I kidding? Are the Redskins playing?)
On that note, I would like to wish you a Shanah Tovah - a year of peace, prosperity and well-being for ourselves, our families, the Jewish people, the State of Israel - and a year where our biggest worry is whether we can watch a football game after Yom Tov.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments transform a blog into a community. Please join.